A little over two years ago I was no longer able to log in to my WordPress install. This happened around the time Dreamhost moved my MySQL databases to a new host. I don’t know if those events were connected, but two years later I finally got the motivation to dive in and fix it. I backed up the database, installed a new version of WordPress, and then discovered there had been several schema changes. I didn’t want to do a complete database restore anyway since I assumed something might be messed up in the old WordPress config. After two hours of analysis and a bunch of regex manipulation of database dumps in a text editor, I restored over 13 years of blog posts to this new WordPress install. I’m hoping that blogging is still a thing.